Eaton Corporation Engineer in MM, India
The primary responsibility of this role Senior engineer in the Electrical system and service group is lead and support design activities for mechanical/electrical related MV switchgear components. The essential function of this position will be is to design and develop MV switchgears to meet customer specific technical, cost and market related technology requirement in accordance with IEC standards.
• Creatively and efficiently solve design challenges by understanding the elements within a design that are critical for success, while eliminating the non-value added elements.
• Analyze “Digital Prototypes” using CAE tools such as FEA and Dynamic Simulation.
• Learn and master new design tools and processes. Then have the ability teach others within the engineering department.
• Ability to translate internal and external customer requirements into measurable performance criteria, as well as, being able to identify and resolve poorly defined or missing requirements.
• Design for Cost/Design for Manufacture Analysis (DFM/DFA) on individual parts, subassemblies with the ability to propose alternate materials and methods of assembly and manufacture.
• Develop sub-system functional and reliability test plans, and coordinate the execution of the tests using both internal and external lab resources. Knowledge of NEMA/UL standards.
• Coordinate and execute sub-system level design reviews.
• Provide timely, accurate, and pertinent information and reports as required by management.
• Sets aggressive goals, measures performance, and strives to go beyond what is expected.
• Constantly looks for ways to improve processes, products and services; appropriately challenges the
• Select engineering techniques to solve problems and make design recommendations.
• Modify existing products to support customer, manufacturing, applicable regulatory and industry standard, and market requirement.
• Participate in multi-discipline concurrent development and corrective action teams. Coordinate and support prototype manufacturing of products.
• Develop work processes and durations for completing assigned project tasks with the ability to identify critical dependencies and risks
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
BE/ME in Mechanical Engineering
4 to 5 years of design experience with electromechanical systems
Hands on experience on working on MV products like GIS, RMU, MV switchgear, switches and reclosers.
· OTD and quality performance of work deliveries
· Program expense and product engineering cost
· Process Management Good at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done, Knows how to organize people and activities, Knows what to measure and how to measure it, Can simplify complex processes, Gets more out of fewer resources
· Problem Solving - Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions, Probes all fruitful sources for answers, Can see hidden problems, Is excellent at honest analysis Looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers
· Strategic Agility – sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately, has broad knowledge and perspective; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies & plans.
· Decision quality – makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment
· Drive for results – can be counted on to exceed goals successfully
· Interpersonal savvy – relates well to all kinds of people; builds appropriate rapport.
· Innovation Leadership - Is good at bringing the creative ideas of others to market, Has good judgment about which creative ideas and suggestions will work, Has a sense about managing the creative process of others, Can facilitate effective brainstorming, Can project how potential ideas may play out in the marketplace
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
DIVISION: INNOV Innovation Center