Eaton Corporation Engineering Manager in MM, India
EIIC has openings for engineering Manager in Electrical Group. The person in this position will be responsible for manage and develop Panel and Switchboard team, typical product line are Pow-R-Line series Panelboards and Switchboards (OPS) etc. He must have people management skill, good understanding of IEC, NEMA, and other applicable electrical standards. He must be self-motivated and possess good communication skills.
• Drive growth in respective team in terms of breadth and depth of capabilities in Electrical and mechanical design as well as adjacent technology areas in product engineering.
• Provide leadership, coaching, and mentoring for P&S Engineers and related COE team at EIIC to develop innovative electrical and mechanical designs for electrical Equipment to meet all requirements for performance, reliability, cost and manufacturability.
• Act as a technical mentor and expert tech reviewer in electrical domain. Review and approve design proposals based on requirements/statement of work and present to stakeholders/customers.
• Continuously develop and enhance the technical capabilities of the teams to provide best in class design in line with present and future business needs.
• Monitor progress and achievements on projects. Provide timely status and reports to stakeholders.
• Participate in the creation of technology road map based on Product/COE Strategy globally and deploy them within the group and build organization’s capability.
• Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to enhance the value proposition and quality of the engineering deliverables.
• Manage and develop talent: identifies, attracts and develop key engineering talent for the organization.
• Drive employee survey action plans to attain high level of employee engagement & managerial effectiveness.
• Drive culture of innovation with focus on new patent disclosures and high-impact ideas.
- Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)*
Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
Desired: Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
• 10+ years or ME/M.Tech in Mechanical or related engineering area with 3+ years of engineering/product design experience in relevant domain
• Awareness of DFSS tools like FMEA.FMECA, Monte Carlo Analysis etc.
• Root Cause Analysis
· Process Management Good at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done, Knows how to organize people and activities, Knows what to measure and how to measure it, Can simplify complex processes, Gets more out of fewer resources
· Problem Solving - Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions, Probes all fruitful sources for answers, Can see hidden problems, Is excellent at honest analysis Looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers
· Strategic Agility – sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately, has broad knowledge and perspective; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies & plans.
· Decision quality – makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment
· Drive for results – can be counted on to exceed goals successfully
· Interpersonal savvy – relates well to all kinds of people; builds appropriate rapport.
· Innovation Leadership - Is good at bringing the creative ideas of others to market, Has good judgment about which creative ideas and suggestions will work, Has a sense about managing the creative process of others, Can facilitate effective brainstorming, Can project how potential ideas may play out in the marketplace
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
JOBTITLE: Engineering Manager
DIVISION: INNOV Innovation Center