Eaton Corporation Senior Analyst-Release Tools in MM, India
State the primary function or overall purpose of your position.
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
Eaton India Information Technology Center (EITC) is focused on the key objective of creating value for Eaton’s Enterprise IT needs and contributes to key strategic objectives by leveraging the talent base in global and regional initiatives that improve Eaton’s competitive advantage, standardization and drive cost out. EITC provides an environment and opportunity to accelerate individual careers in a challenging environment that provides exposure to a world class Information Technology footprint. Employees at EITC are currently part of a globally diverse team of IT professionals who own and deliver solutions to our internal and external customers through capabilities in areas such as ERP, Engineering, Customer Facing Solutions, Business Intelligence, Architecture, Integration, Infrastructure, QA, Application development, project management, security and compliance etc.
The Senior Analyst IT – Release Tools position will be part of IPACOE-AEO. This position will add business value by providing analysis, customization, upgrade, support, and documentation of Software development Lifecycle tools in order to help develop efficiencies and continuous improvements in all aspects of release management processes and systems. Specifically, this position will provide support for all release management tools including, but not limited to, Atlassian JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, Bamboo, JAMA Software, etc. The incumbent will report directly to Manager-IT, Release Tools.
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Limit yourself to 8-12 statements)*
List the essential functions (i.e. key responsibilities with expected end results), which must be accomplished in order to fulfill the purpose of your position as described above.
- Business Development: * Designs and supports software release management tools.
- Project Management:* Leads & executes assigned project tasks, often in parallel (as required). Have excellent knowledge of project management methodology. Consults with developers and management team to develop, define, and prioritize work.
- Requirements Definition:* Translates business and customer needs into business and engineering requirements. Creates technical requirements based on knowledge of business process and recommends process changes and designs.
- Analysis, Design, and Construction:* Evaluates and recommends best approaches to develop, architect, and deploy release management tools.
- Testing:* Manages the creation and maintenance of test environments. Coordinates implementation plans for the total project, involving several I.T. groups and business process teams. Monitors and reports software release management tools usage statistics together with recommendations for improvements in usage and efficiency
- Production Support & Customer Service:* Supports release management tool users with application issues and problems. Improves continuously on methods and processes for analyzing, developing, deploying, and auditing tools. Provides common reporting tools and solutions to help analyze effectiveness of release management tools.
Creates, deploys, and documents Administrative tools to be used by the team to improve routine Admin and Support tasks. Create training documentation for release tools. Provides ongoing training for release tools.
- Management & Leadership*: Leads and executes assigned projects/tasks and effectively communicates with business and engineering.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
Describe any specialized knowledge or skill (e.g., technical, scientific, administrative, managerial), which your position requires.
Four-year degree in Computer/IT Engineering or a related field from an accredited institution.
5-7 years’ experience in software release management
5-7 years’ experience in implementing, upgrading and supporting software release tools
Release Tools Skills and Requirements:*
Experience in implementation, consolidation, patching & upgrade of Atlassian JIRA, Bitbucket, Confluence, Fisheye, Crucible and Bamboo
Experience in JAMA software implementation, patch & upgrade
Experience in automation of tools
Knowledge of ClearCase, ClearQuest, HP ALM, Jenkins is a plus
Knowledge of IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) concepts preferred.
General Skills and Requirements:*
Excellent problem solving and communication skills
Develop technical and training documentation
Willingness to work outside documented job description. Has a “whatever is needed” attitude.
Global perspective and cultural awareness.
Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills; ability to communicate and thrive in a cross-functional environment
Additional skills desired but not required*
General knowledge of HP PPM(Kintana), IBM DOORS, Rational Team Concert
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
JOBTITLE: Senior Analyst-Release Tools
DIVISION: Corporate Sector
FUNCTION: Information Technology